GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
GUIDANCE AND COUNCELLING
The department is headed by Mr. Thomas Mainda. Its core mandate is to advice students on how to harness the infrastructural and human resource for a better future. Members of the committee include:
1. Mr. Mainda Thomas – H.O.D
2. Mr. Mokaya Peter – secretary
3. Mr. Sylvanus Anyimu – member
4. Mr. Daniel Misati – Member
5. Mr. Isaboke Kennedy – member
6. Mrs. Rebecca Ateka – member
7. Mr. Njuguna James – member
8. Pastor Bensford Mosagwe – school chaplain
The personnel in the guidance and counseling department is imbued with a sense of responsibility in inter alia equipping the student fraternity with information on:- career selection, target setting and good study habits in as far as academic matters are concerned.
Speaking to the NYAMBARIAN LIMELIGHT, Mr. Mainda noted, “We are at the forefront on disseminating information on spiritual growth, interpersonal issues and social integration.”
To achieve this, the department has introduced peer counseling to curb negative peer pressure influence.
So far the department has made great strides in the following areas:
1. Adolescence, growth and sexuality mitigation measures.
2. Basic personal health, hygiene and safety
3. Drugs and substance abuse ( youth diligence)
4. HIVAIDS scourge and other STIs
5. Peer pressure.
By: Mr. Thomas Mainda.